Censeo Group is now in the third year of working with Measurement Incorporated on an evaluation of the Charter School Dissemination Grant in Illinois. During the first year, the evaluators conducted site visits at a set of charter schools that received funds through the US Department of Education-funded grant program to disseminate promising programs to partner schools. The MI team conducted a statistical analysis of student outcomes to identify a set of high performing charter schools. The evaluators then conducted video interviews with this set of nine schools in 2020 to learn about the processes in these schools that contributed to their success.
In this third and final year of the project, MI organized a webinar series to allow the charter schools to showcase the practices that contribute to their success.
The recordings and webinar handouts and materials will be archived on the Illinois State Board of Education site and available for viewing.
The webinars are free to attend, but do require registration. Registration links for the upcoming webinars included below.
- February 25, 2021: Families at the Core: How to Go Beyond Partnership and Have a Lasting Impact on Students and their Families
- March 17, 2021: Keeping Great Teachers in the Classroom—The Distinguished Teacher Pathway
- March 24, 2021: Writing Your Future: A Toolbox for Success
- April 12, 2021: Spill the Tea: An Alumni Counselor’s Guide to First-Gen Student Success
- April 21, 2021: Student-Led Teaching? Really?
- May 5, 2021: Outside the Four Walls: Engaging Students Through Environmental Learning
- May 24, 2021: The Glue Behind Successful High School Transition: A Different Kind of Advisor